The easiest way is to start with Seedlings.
If you want to take it a step further, wouldn't it be more interesting to learn how to grow plants from a Seed?
- The cost of buying seeds is cheaper than buying seedlings. You can buy a pack of organic or non-gmo seeds for 99 cents to $3 and that would probably contain an average of a 100 seeds.
- You are in more control of the optimal growing conditions because you can see what works and what doesn't based on which seeds make it and which ones don't.
- You can store the seeds for long term while you can't store seedlings.
- Growing veggies from seeds is the Ultimate Skill for becoming a Resilient Prepper.
- When you grow your veggies from seed, you create a special bond with the plants. It is not only fulfilling to see them grow like your own pet or babies, you will be more motivated and inspired to care for them consistently.
Whichever method you choose to start from, I highly encourage you and support you in this process to learn to grow your own food. It's a Cool Homesteading Skill to acquire. In particular, consider starting with Tomatoes, Swiss Chard, Lettuce, or Potatoes as they are easier to work with.
On a future article, I will publish Growing Veggies from Seeds using Soil Cube Makers